Complete Building Services (CBS) is a company that is passionate about the operation and maintenance of facilities in the commercial and public sector. CBS is the largest division of The Donohoe Companies, Inc. - Washington's oldest real estate company. At CBS, we celebrate our diverse group of talented employees - and it shows. We are proud to say that we have been ranked by The Washington Business Journal as the "Best Place to Work 2018." We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which starts with our interview process continues all the way through to your day to day role, regular corporate get togethers, pot luck breakfasts/lunches, office contests, to name a few.
Pay, Perks, & Such
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, and 401k plan with a match. And...we offer some not so standard, extra great-benefits, including tuition reimbursement for education/certifications, employee discounts programs (including hotels and our vendor's products), gym membership, and an Employee Assistance Program that offer a wide array of consultative/actionable services. We value diversity and believe in forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like for you.
As a Painter/Maintence Tech you will conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections of system and associated equipment. Perform preventative and general maintenance and public areas as assigned. Hours for this position are Monday - Friday 4:00pm to 12:30am
- Scrape, remove wallpaper, strip, sandpaper, prime, and/or seal surfaces prior to finishing
- Cover or otherwise protect furniture, carpeting, and other surfaces from paint spattering. Remove any spattered paint or over-spray
- Mix, match, and carefully apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes using rollers, brushes, as indicated. Evaluate need for additional application(s)
- Clean and care for brushes, spray guns, and other equipment
- Hang and repair wallpaper, hang and repair drywall, apply and repair plaster, tape and apply joint compound as required
- Maintain clean, orderly, and safe work areas and comply with all generally recognized safety procedures
- May be assigned other responsibilities, such as moving furniture, driving agency vehicle, installing vinyl baseboard, caulking, and minor carpentry
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Hotel/Commerical experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years performing the duies